Kathy Beaven , Children's Dietitian
This policy is effective as from 22nd May 2018.
Why we collect your data:
We collect your personal data in order to provide our independent nutrition and dietetic services to you and to keep a clinical record of those services as defined by the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) regulations.
What we collect:
We collect the following information:
- Information submitted by the contact form on website childrensdietitian.co.uk
- Information provided by you by telephone or email following an enquiry for services.
- Clinical information provided by you or other health professionals following your consent to contact other health professionals.
What we do with the information we gather:
- We use the information provided to help us to provide a nutrition and dietetic service to you and your family as requested.
- We keep a record of this information to ensure we comply with the professional clinical record keeping of client information as advised by the HCPC.
- We share this information following our provision of service to your relevant health care professionals as involved with your medical care only with your consent, as determined on our consent form.
- If you have provided information as part of an initial enquiry and have not been seen as a client your information will be destroyed after 6 months.
- We are required to keep client's medical information for children and adults in accordance with the NHS Records Management code of Practice. For the full code of practice please see: https://www.nhs.uk/chq/Pages/1889.aspx?CategoryID=68.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place password protection and am compliant with the GDPR regulations for storing both paper and electronic records. We have standard operating procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect. Please note, the contact form and email are not encrypted. So please refrain from sending sensitive information.
Controlling your personal information
We will not distribute, sell or lease your personal information to third parties unless we are required by law to do so.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). If you would like a copy of the information held on you please contact Kathy Beaven, Data Protection Officer, via email [email protected]
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
How you can withdraw and request to be deleted from our files
If you have contacted us as an initial enquiry and not taken up our services you can request us to delete your information by contacting Kathy Beaven via email [email protected]
If you have been seen as a client we cannot destroy your data until after 8 years have passed for an adult or until the child is 26 years of age. After this time the record will be destroyed. This is in accordance with the NHS Records Management code of Practice. For the full code of practice please see: https://www.nhs.uk/chq/Pages/1889.aspx?CategoryID=68.
Should you have any queries in relation to General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) here are the contact details of our Data Controller: Name: Kathy Beaven
Email: [email protected]